Recall that epistemology is the branch of philosophy concerned with knowledge. In the study of epistemology, philosophers are concerned with the epistemological shift. This is the idea that one has shifted, or changed, the way he or she takes in knowledge.
For example, you read many of your books on screens and e-readers today. This is a change from the past. In fact, there have been university libraries that have opened without any physical books (e-books only). Thanks to the Internet and smartphones, people do not have to memorize information the way they did in decades past. Reflect upon this issue and then respond to the following questions:
- Are philosophers correct to be concerned with this shift?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the epistemological shift in an essay.
Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support your position presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list them in APA format on your Reference page. Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length, not counting the Title page and Reference page. In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include a Title and Reference page, should be double-spaced, and include a running head and page numbers.
Please use your own experiences and the knowledge you have gained from this week’s readings to answer the following topics and questions. You may also use information that you find in the textbook, AIU’s library or the Internet to support your discussion. Make sure you use economic concepts in your main contribution.
In your contribution to this week’s Discussion Board, you will discuss how you are affected by unemployment, one of the country’s biggest macroeconomic policy concerns. Address both of the following in your discussion:
- Explain an experience that someone you know, including yourself, had with unemployment. Think about the reason for the unemployment, and how long it lasted.
- The following is a list of possible causes for unemployment. Choose the one that most closely fits your experience.
- Be sure to explain.
- A change in technology
- Your company relocated and laid off workers
- Did you or your acquaintance take a part-time job or a job for which they were overqualified to ensure they would have an income?
- Over the last 7 years, the national unemployment rate has dropped steadily. How has that affected you? Please explain.