Why audit? We will either be the auditor or be audited. We must understand internal control and the management of risk. The management of risk is everyone’s responsibility.
- This report fulfills the request of your supervisor who is completing a project on these key issues, including certifications and the roles fraud detection and deterrence, as well as internal control serve, to meet the goals of the organization.
- Following your review of course materials in Week 8, use the websites below to create a report of at least one page for each of the three topics: fraud detection and deterrence, internal control, and certifications.
- Relate these topics to our course material for Principles of Accounting I.
- The goal is to research, consider, and report what you know about these topics.
- Consider the question and decide: what would you want to know?
- Always include your name and a descriptive title in the file name.
- Create, save, and submit a Microsoft Word document that covers the topics listed below and consists of one page (one page usually has at least 300 words) for each topic.
- Your report should be adequate. Fewer than three pages is not long enough; seven pages is too long. Ideally, you will end up with a three-page (three pages usually have at least 900 words) report not including the title or reference page.
- Report is expected to have at least three-pages not including the title or reference page. Fewer than three pages is not long enough; seven pages is too long.
- Include your name and a descriptive title in the file name.
- Your report should be single-spaced, with double spacing between paragraphs.
- Use headers within the document.
- You are writing a business report, not double-spaced academic papers.
- This is not a business proposal, and it is not a casual reflective report.
- Tell a story.
- Explain the concepts.
- You are building your vocabulary.
- Spell check. Write, read, and edit. Take care with word selection and sentence structure.
- Use APA style for citations and create a works cited list. Include website references.
- You can use the above concepts, particularly the paragraph on “Why audit?” without reference. A good item for your works cited list: