Introduction and Purpose of Assignment
This discussion provides you with an opportunity to clarify how you might best approach someone who holds a differing ethical view. It is hoped that you will be able to apply some helpful techniques like this in the future.
- Describe effective problem solving techniques for ethical issues. (4.2)
Theory and Context
There are six steps to ethical problem solving: determine, identify, rank, develop, implement, and reflect. Our use of proper problem solving skills in regards to an ethical approach can alleviate many forms of deviance that may arise otherwise.
aariUoA. (2014, September 8). Video #4: Ethical problem solving [Video file]. Retrieved from
- In this discussion:
- Describe how ethical issues can be discussed productively by individuals who hold opposing viewpoints.
- What is the best approach to create productive dialog? i.
- Provide an illustration of a time when you were involved in a productive conversation about an ethical matter.
1. What elements about that discussion contributed to a sense that there was a constructive outcome?
ii. Or, if you prefer, describe an exchange regarding an ethical issue that produced less than positive, even destructive, results; and then identify ingredients in that exchange that contributed to the negative outcome.