A. What is the importance of McCulloch v. Maryland, 17 U.S. 316; give a summary of the case and its significance in your own words. Use the below outline for this information.
B. What is the importance of In re Gault, 387 U.S. 1 (1967). Use the below case outline/summary.
Use the following outline to summarize BOTH of these cases:
Give the case number/year, then:
1. FACTS: 2-3 sentences summarizing the important facts.
2. ISSUE: Usually there is only one issue in a case. It generally asks a constitutional question or raises a constitutional issue and set out why a case is important.
3. HOLDING: The holding generally answers the constitutional question raised or addresses the issue raised.
4. REASONING: (The most difficult part of the brief.) Explain why the court held or decided the way it did. It should be approximately 2-4 sentences.
5. CASE SIGNIFICANCE: 2+ sentences which will include the impact on law enforcement or corrections personnel.
Both A and B must be answered, including the below questions.
C. Name at least three federal courts that are not “constitutional” courts and their functions.
D. summarize this video: