Composing an effective and descriptive job announcement/advertisement is vital. The information included in the job announcement and the method of advertisement could be either detrimental or favorable to the organization both in the short- and long-term.
Read the following two articles:
Perkins. J. (2015). The importance of advertising your job the right way. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/importance-advertis…
Wiggleworth, L. (2008). 5 ways to create inspiring job announcements. Retrieved from https://www.eremedia.com/ere/5-ways-to-create-insp…
Watch the follow video:
Business Roundtable. (2016). Solving the Skills Gap in America: Steelcase CEO Jim Keane Retrieved from
After reading the above articles and video, complete the following:
Part 1 (1-2 pages):
For the third component of the Session Long Project use the two job descriptions developed in Module 2 SLP and in 1 to 2 pages answer the following questions:
- What should be included on the job advertisement and why?
- How would you go about recruiting for this position?
- What does the job advertisement have to do with the job description? Or doesn’t it?
- How you would go about selecting a candidate for the position.
Part 2 (1 page):
Define “skills gapping” and discuss how this process can be applied to the health care setting or any other type of organization. During your course of employment have you ever seen this process used? If so, discuss the context. How would you apply it to where you work or have worked?
Page Length: 2 to 3 pages
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your responses.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 1-2 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.